Dr. Bob Ayres is the author of Deaf Diaspora: The Third Wave of Deaf Ministry, Real-Life Wisdom: Stories for the Road, and co-authored with Dr. Rick McClain, DEAFCHURCH 21: Vision for a New Generation. Bob is an ordained Anglican priest (ACNA) and directs a consulting business for empowering high-potential leaders, especially those who are Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing.
Following seminary, his career includes teaching, community organization, ministry, and non-profit leadership. Bob and Kathy Ayres established Deaf Teen Quest in 2000 which became a national ministry Youth For Christ USA in 2009.
- DEAFCHURCH TOGETHER, online liturgical church (2020-present)
- REA Leadership Resources, Gainesville, FL (2019-present)
- Pastor of Formation, Servants of Christ Anglican, Gainesville, FL (2018-present)
- Adjunct Lecturer, ASL and Deaf Studies, University of Florida (2019-2020)
- Founder/National Director of Deaf Teen Quest, YFC USA (2000 to 2017)
- Exec Director of Brain Injury Association of Kentucky (1994-1999)
- Educator/Ministry Leader in Gainesville, GA (1992-1994)
- Education and Counseling Center (Dir, 1989-1992)
- Wholesale/retail business owner (1986-1989)
- Christian Education Center (Teacher/Asst Dir, 1983-1986).
Learn more at www.bobayres.com
or add another page.